December 17th, 2008

after all

(no subject)

Yesterday my student group discussed moving Wednesday's meeting to Tuesday (deciding at 3 pm a meeting that would be held at 5;30...) because of the snow expected on Wednesday.

The roads are clear although back rural roads still have some ice on them.

There *is* a storm expected - with 1 to 2 inches accumulation predicted - but it hasn't started yet, and may miss the area entirely.

This morning I check the website and the kid's school is closed "Due to changing weather conditions and forecast".

I just can't tell if the folks here freak out over nothing (my experience last time this happened) or if there really is something to be cautious about. I'm not worried about my driving, with my little snowbunny of a car, but I'll be careful to watch for the rest of the folks on the road.