Now I'm back home, looking forward to Summer Break for the first time since 1980 (I was going to say 1981, since that's the last time I was in college, but I graduated that year, so it wasn't summer break).
Plans for the summer:
- Continue to haphazardly look for a full time job, but don't stress about it because I still have another year of grad school to go, and few firms are looking to take on someone who will need two days off every three weeks.
- Draw! Being immersed in reading webcomics has dramatically demonstrated what a difference drawing something new every day will make. I'm gonna do that too! And once I acquire a scanner I'll put them up somewhere for general scoffing.
- Launch a local guidebook project that I've been fooling around with for the last couple of years. I was unwilling to dedicate the time it will require since, while I'm pretty sure I have rigged it to pay its own way, it is not likely to be a big money maker. But the grad school program wants us to do a major personal business project next year, and I figured I'd rather do the heavy lifting for that while I'm not frantically struggling to keep up with classes as well.
- Sand and paint the scraped part of my lovely little Miata. I've never done anything like that, and am more than a little nervous about trying, but it must be fixed, and I can't afford to have the pros do it.
- Sleep past 6:00 am!
- Clean the House! Much has been neglected in the jam-packed months of school. Time to fix that.
- Post to LJ, check in on FaceBook, maybe even Twitter! Because I Can.